Press Release Net
#1 Press Release Network
The #1 Press Release Network
on Jun 24, 2014
Enables hoteliers to bring superior picture quality and dynamic interactivity to guests with unveiling of new HC890 and Smart TV 2.0 platform at HITEC 2014
Los Angeles – June 24, 2014 – Samsung Electronics America today unveiled its new 890 Series at HITEC 2014, including two new curved LED TV models and a new 75-inch model, representing one of the largest TV format in hospitality. Samsung will be showcasing this new lineup of products for the hospitality market, which features its LYNC™SINC content management system along with its next generation Smart TV platform, at the Los Angeles Convention Center, Booth #949, from June 23-26.
“Samsung has a heritage as a worldwide leader in consumer display technology, and we are continuing to raise the bar for the hospitality market with premium in-room entertainment options that address the demand of hoteliers looking to deliver more engaging, memorable entertainment experiences for their guests,” said Jonas Tanenbaum, Vice President of Hospitality at Samsung Electronics America. “Our new HC890 caters to the high expectations of today’s hotel guests with its beautiful aesthetic and high picture quality, while also equipped with the necessary software solutions that make managing these technologies seamless, cost effective and efficient for hoteliers.”
The 890 Series combines high picture quality and enhanced energy efficiency with its edge-lit LED technology in a sleek form factor to help hoteliers deliver the ultimate in-room guest experience. Available in 46″, 55″, 65″ and a new 75″, the largest TV format in hospitality, the 890 Series meets the needs and space of virtually any hotel environment, from a standard room to a suite. In addition, each display is equipped with Smart TV 2.0 technology, giving guests a whole new level of interactivity that is exclusive to Samsung. With Smart TV 2.0, hotels can now offer guests mobile device support, with embedded features and access to a multitude of apps and widgets as part of the in-room entertainment and content experience. The HC890 Series will be available in early August.
Key features include:
- Premium Edge-Lit Ultra-thin LED Technology – edge-lit LED technology provides the brilliance and energy saving advantages of LED technology, along with the uniform brightness found in CCFL displays. This makes it possible for hoteliers to upgrade their rooms to LED technology for a cost comparable to that of CCFL technology.
- Samsung LYNK™SINC 3.0 – this IP-based content management solution delivers enhanced HTML and rich text with protocols that enable communication between Samsung Interactive TVs and a hotel’s property management software. Facility managers have the ability to completely customize the in-room entertainment by unlocking rich content from the Samsung Hospitality Widget Library, including Facebook, Twitter, AccuWeather, Google Maps and Netflix. Enhancements for 2014 include new UI development options and Interactive Program Guide (IPG) features, as well as an integrated flight checker and weather widgets.
- Samsung LYNK REACH 3.0 – the Samsung REACH 3.0 (Remote Enhanced Active Control for Hotels) content management system features a new, fully customizable user interface that provides hoteliers with a more cost-effective and efficient solution for managing, delivering and maintaining guestroom TV content from a single location. LYNK REACH 3.0 can be used to seamlessly broadcast branded content, hotel information through an IPG, while also managing a TV’s software settings, firmware and clone version from a central location. Its compatibility with existing coaxial-based infrastructure enables properties to achieve lower labor and operating costs.
- H-Browser Compatibility – the new 890 Series offers Samsung’s proprietary H-Browser platform, which is made available through partnerships with certified system integrators providing guests with a premium interactive experience. Built on the HTML5 standard with Flash® support, H-Browser is a true Smart TV solution that features both free and video on demand (VOD) content. It is able to interface directly with the head end without the use of a set top box.
- Mobile Device Integration via AllShare Cast – Samsung AllShare Cast makes it possible for hotel guests to seamlessly share content across DLNA connected Samsung devices, including WIDI, without the need for a network cable or a connecting device. AllShare Cast also allows screen mirroring and video streaming to enable seamless content sharing between personal mobile device, such as a smartphone or tablet, to the hotel room television.
For more information about Samsung’s Hospitality TV solutions, please visit http://www.samsung.com/us/business/hospitality or call 1-866-SAM-4BIZ.
About Samsung Electronics America Enterprise Business Division
As a global leader in Information Technology, Samsung’s Enterprise Business Division (EBD) is committed to introducing new business experiences across a diverse spectrum of industries from retail to healthcare, hospitality to sales. We believe technology brings business and customers together – to better share, collaborate and discover new opportunities. With a market-oriented approach to innovation, EBD is a division of Samsung Electronics America, Inc. (SEA), a U.S. subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Company, Ltd. (SEC). For more information, please visit samsung.com/business, call 1-866-SAM-4BIZ or follow Samsung EBD via Twitter: @SamsungBizUSA.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs, cameras, home appliances, printers, LTE systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. We employ 286,000 people across 80 countries with annual sales of US$216.7 billion. To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com.