Press Release Net
#1 Press Release Network
The #1 Press Release Network
CHICAGO – December 1, 2014 – Samsung Electronics America Inc., a subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd, is reinforcing its commitment to delivering fast, easy and accurate diagnostic solutions for healthcare providers through its expanded portfolio on display at the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) Annual Meeting at McCormick Place in Chicago. Product specialists will be on hand all week at booth #7360 (North Building) demonstrating Samsung’s full range of solutions designed to enhance the quality of care and transform the patient experience, including Digital Radiography, Ultrasound and portable Computed Tomography systems.
“From our expanded line of Digital Radiography systems, to the launch of our first premium Ultrasound for the Radiology segment and groundbreaking Point-of-Care ultrasound trials, this has been the most significant year of investment and growth to date for Samsung in Health and Medical Equipment,” said Soo-In Cho, President and Head of the Health & Medical Equipment Business at Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. “We remain committed to continually demonstrating to the healthcare community how the combination of Samsung imaging technology, user-inspired design and customer-centric innovation can help enhance the quality of care for patients and unlock workflow efficiencies for hospitals and providers.”
Expanded Line-up for Radiology Segment
Samsung’s growing portfolio of innovative diagnostic systems, including new products designed for radiology applications, are the cornerstone of its presence at RSNA. New products on display include:
- Samsung RS80A, a high-resolution, full-featured, premium ultrasound system offering an intuitive user-interface and design, and sophisticated digital image processing and superb resolution to support accurate diagnosis. Recently introduced into the U.S. market, the system is the latest addition to Samsung’s comprehensive portfolio of Ultrasound imaging solutions.
- Samsung GM60A, pending FDA 510(k) clearance, is a mobile DR system that delivers high-quality imaging directly to the patient’s bedside. The GM60A combines effortless workflow with advanced mobility, providing high diagnostic confidence with excellent image quality and reliable operation with enhanced usability on the go.
- Samsung GC85A, not currently available in the US market, is an enhanced DR system offering streamlined workflows, diagnostic confidence and improved total cost of ownership. The GC85A features the S-Vue imaging engine, ensuring consistency with high quality imaging, convenient setting of contrast and improved sharpness and clarity.
Breakthrough Solutions for Emergency Services
Samsung has invested considerable energy and resources this year into exploring innovative applications in the Point-of-Care segment, one of most important areas of growth in the healthcare market. Examples include:
- A groundbreaking trial utilizing tablet-based ultrasound in emergency services vehicles in the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area to help inform advance treatment decisions for critical trauma patients. Images are transmitted wirelessly from Samsung’s PT60A ultrasound to doctors at the awaiting hospital using Trice Imaging’s mobile encryption and image management system. The ability of physicians to view immediate images of what the responders are seeing in the field means they can better determine the course of treatment – for example, whether to send the patient straight to the OR, bypassing the ER. This saves time, money and, potentially, lives during what’s known as “the golden hour” following a traumatic injury or cardiac arrest. Since the trial began July 1 of this year, ultrasound has been employed in more than 100 callouts to support diagnosis in cases involving trauma, internal bleeding, acute abdominal pain and cardiac arrest.
- Samsung subsidiary NeuroLogica has worked with Cleveland Clinic on their Mobile Stroke Treatment Unit, an emergency response vehicle equipped with highly specialized staff, medications and equipment. This includes a portable NeuroLogica CereTom CT scanner – designed to get stroke patients potentially life-saving care faster by bringing treatment to them. The innovative unit, one of the first of its kind in the country, launches in tandem with Cleveland EMS for 911 calls for suspected strokes in the city of Cleveland and has treated over 100 patients since its launch in July of this year.
Expanded DR Lineup Features Advanced Image Quality, Increased Connectivity
Samsung’s new imaging engine, S-Vue, offers sophisticated digital image processing and superb resolution to support accurate diagnosis. Its ability to take high quality images of various anatomical structures ensures consistency, and with its advanced noise filtering and capturing of fine pulmonary vessels, S-Vue also offers improved sharpness and clarity for accurate diagnosis.
Samsung’s S-Detector, which supports enhanced image quality and patient safety with greater DQE (Detective Quantum Efficiency) and lower NED (Noise Equivalent Dose), has also been updated with additional usability features. The new S3025-W, pending FDA 510(k) clearance, is lightweight and streamlined to improve usability, and offers water and dust resistance to enhance durability.
S-Share, pending FDA 510(k) clearance, is Samsung’s new platform for increasing connectivity, expected to be featured in all Samsung DR devices including the GU60A, GM60A and GC80, within a single hospital.
To learn more about Samsung Electronics’ global health and medical equipment business, please visit samsung.com/global/business/healthcare. To learn about Samsung’s healthcare division in the US, please visit samsung.com/healthcare.
About Samsung Electronics America Enterprise Business Division
As a global leader in Information Technology, Samsung’s Enterprise Business Division (EBD) is committed to introducing new business experiences across a diverse spectrum of industries from retail to healthcare, hospitality to sales. We believe technology brings business and customers together – to better share, collaborate and discover new opportunities. With a market-oriented approach to innovation, EBD is a division of Samsung Electronics America (SEA), Inc., a U.S. subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Company, Ltd. (SEC). For more information, please visit samsung.com/business., call 1-866-SAM-4BIZ or follow Samsung EBD via Twitter: @SamsungBizUS.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs, cameras, home appliances, printers, LTE systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. We employ 286,000 people across 80 countries with annual sales of US$216.7 billion. To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com.